Thursday, March 8, 2018

On War, Conflict and Edita Vilkevičiūtė

From the past 10 years of researching "everything beret" on the web, I learned one thing: many (men) are attracted to girls/women in uniform or with guns.
I certainly can enjoy seeing a woman or girl wearing a fitting beret, but the whole uniform/guns thing is quite abstract to me.
And to take it a step further, the context of how/where these photo's are shot, I find disturbing; it often romanticizes war or other conflict, portraying fashion in a place of utter misery or suffering.
The photo's published in this post are a good example. They're quite beautiful in their own right, but I find it sinister how the background of the photo-shoot portrays the Spanish Civil War. It doesn't go as far as fashion shoots at Auschwitz (yes, I've come across those too), but still, to my standard it's simply not appropriate. 
The model in case is Edita Vilkevičiūtė (1 January 1989) from Lithuania.

No comments:

Post a Comment